Monday 21 July 2014

Catch up

Had my second market day this past Saturday.  I wasn't going to do it as the weather was supposed to be terrible, but I thought to myself I can't give up at the first sign of bad weather!  So I decided to do it. Things seemed to be against me though as it seemed my oven had broken down!  It took me 7 hours to bake two sponges!! My husband took a look at it and we found out there are 20 degrees difference between each shelf! So there is 40 degrees difference between the bottom and top shelf.  I have used the top shelf to bake everything on which goes against everything I have ever done as I always use the middle shelf.  

I was soooo organised this week. Last week I started to bake at 8am and finished at 1.45am!  This week I had a birthday cake to finish for Friday and then deliver it to Cambridge for 1pm.  Therefore, I didn't start baking until around 2.30 and I finished everything by 10.45pm!!  I'm hoping for the same this week!

I sold everything on my stall this week! I was very pleased if not a little surprised!  There were not many people in town due to the weather, but still managed to shift the lot!  I even had a few repeat customers.... How good is that!!

I have a couple of new things to bake this week, cakes that have been requested by customers.  One is bread pudding, something I have never made, another is a gluten free cake, and also going to try diabetic cupcakes!  I will update my blog on how I got on with these.

I am going to try Red Velvet cake again this week!  It was a disaster last time I made it and I'm not one to give in!

The warm weather has played havoc with the cakes etc on the stall.... By around 2 ish, the chocolate for example starts melting big time.  But the cold weather will soon be upon us so shouldn't moan.

Sorry if I'm boring everyone with these blogs....

Well I'm off to try out some Almond cookies for my son!

See you all soon x

No comments:

Post a Comment